Under general supervision of the Building Maintenance Supervisor, this position is responsible for maintenance and repair on multiple properties including office, mixed use, and industrial buildings. This position will maintain facility repairs, preventative maintenance on equipment and building fixtures, document reports, inspections and service on buildings and equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance and work on minor building, painting and alteration projects.
- Perform electrical lighting maintenance, including tube, bulb and ballast replacement.
- Maintain and repair restrooms.
- Conduct roof inspection and maintenance.
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions. Involved with HVAC maintenance and building automation systems. Manages building access system.
- Assists in checking and makes minor repairs on general plumbing systems and fixtures such as pipe lines, toilets and sinks.
- Must have ability to handle multiple tasks, projects and coordinate projects through to completion by assigned deadlines
- Must work well as an individual and with a team.
- Participates in rotation for providing 24 hour maintenance emergency coverage.
- Complete general labor tasks and other duties as assigned.
- 100 lbs maximum lifting with frequent lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work on their feet for 6-8 hours per day
- Must be able to use ladders frequently as well as going up and down stairs, bending, squatting, lifting, pulling/pushing
- Must move furniture as needed, must be able to use cleaning and painting products and electric hand tools.
- High school diploma or equivalent and valid Ohio driver’s license.
- Basic math skills
- Good communication skills
- Computer skills including using Microsoft word and Outlook
- 5 years maintenance experience including working knowledge in electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and HVAC. Experience with building automation, access controls, and energy management a plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot and work under tight deadlines.
- Experience with hand and power tools.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and guidance.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Professionalism – approaches other in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure; treats other with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; follows through on commitments.
- Quality – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Quantity – meets productivity standards; completes work in a timely manner; works quickly.
- Safety and security – observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/punctuality – is consistently at work and arrive on time.
- Dependability – follows instructions, responds to management direction; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Complete insurance coverage – medical, dental vision and life.
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
This position description is not intended to list all of the tasks that an associate might be asked to perform. Other duties that are generally consistent with the foregoing description of this position may also be assigned either intermittently or continuously. Also our Company’s efficient operation and its compliance with various employment laws may require that some or all of the foregoing duties be eliminated or expanded, depending on the circumstances, to make allowances for other associates’ abilities to perform their job.
If interested in this position, please forward your resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pizzuti is an equal opportunity employ: M/F/D/V
Pizzuti is a smoke-free organization