The Facilities Director is responsible for managing the maintenance technicians while overseeing multiple functions of building operations and maintenance for a portfolio of office, industrial and mixed-use sites totaling approximately 3 million square feet.
- Coordinate, oversee and track maintenance work assignments performed by on-staff technicians or contractors.
- Provides formal supervision of maintenance staff. Lead, empower and coach technicians to resolve problems.
- Provide operations leadership with requested weekly and monthly reporting, input on site development, and recommend initiatives that will improve organizational efficiency.
- Use excellent communication skills to convey key operational items to organizational leadership.
- Must have excellent working knowledge of HVAC, life-safety, plumbing, carpentry, elevators, roofing, electrical and building envelope repairs.
- Define and document preventative maintenance.
- Visit and inspect properties on a consistent and ongoing basis, ensuring excellent site appearances.
- Work with maintenance teams to establish performance standards and goals, and review their performance in one-on-one settings to ensure they meet their goals.
- Responsible for maintenance of building service records such as HVAC, elevators, service requests, life safety systems, etc.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Commercial real estate experience is required.
- Minimum of 5 years maintenance experience required and supervising others is a plus.
- Experience in office, industrial and mixed-use management is required.
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of tenants, contractors, and vendors.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and facilities management software, including Outlook/Word/Excel and MRI Workspeed or similar program.
- Positive, innovative approach to problem solving.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time-management and general organization skills.
- Prior experience managing others.
This position description is not intended to list all of the tasks that an associate might be asked to perform. Other duties that are generally consistent with the foregoing description of this position may also be assigned either intermittently or continuously. Also our Company’s efficient operation and its compliance with various employment laws may require that some or all of the foregoing duties be eliminated or expanded, depending on the circumstances, to make allowances for other associates’ abilities to perform their job.
If interested in this position, please forward your resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pizzuti is an equal opportunity employ: M/F/D/V
Pizzuti is a smoke-free organization